Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Rebecca Yaker and Amy Wyland have made well over 1000 masks. We believe our mask represents the best of the best in terms of fit, fabric, construction, comfort, versatility, and function in a handmade mask.
- Our mask offers a comfortable, secure fit. It hugs your nose and cheeks, yet offers a little more space at your mouth. Talking is comfortable and clear AND the mask stays put when talking!
- We've added a wire channel to the inside of the mask at the bridge of the nose. This channel allows you to add a piece of wire (included!) to aide in a comfortable, firm, secure, customized, fit. This feature is especially excellent for glasses wearers!
- The sides of the mask come further back on your face to help ensure coverage and will not gape in front of your ears.
- The mask ties behind your head (as opposed to behind your ears) resulting in a better fit and ultimate comfort for extended wear. We use one continuous 50", comfortable jersey knit tie to make adjustments super easy. **Please note that the tie color may not be as pictured, as it varies from mask to mask based on immediate availability.
- There is an opening between the lining and exterior in which you can insert an optional DIY disposable filter. Included with your mask will be a printed paper pattern so you can cut your own filter to fit your mask.
- The exterior fabric is tightly woven cotton. **Please note that print placement varies from mask to mask.
- The lining fabric is 100% cotton double gauze, a soft, lightweight fabric made from two thin layers of cotton that are basted together every ⅜” or so. It feels great against your face! **Please note that lining color/pattern varies from mask to mask.
We now offer the option to add a spring-loaded cord lock to your mask ties for easy adjustments. The size of the cord lock is approximately 7/8" x 5/8". **Please note that we will coordinate the cord lock color to your mask.
Please remember that our masks aren’t going to fully protect you from coronavirus and are not intended to replace other recommended measures to stop the community spread of COVID-19. You should still be practicing social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from others in public and frequently washing your hands for 20 seconds each time.
Our masks are made from 100% cotton and are washable and reusable.
We recommend washing before first use.
Please understand that our face masks are not a replacement for medical grade Personal Protective Equipment, and in circumstances where medical grade Personal Protective Equipment is recommended, you should consult a health care professional.
The decision to use this mask is solely your own. Please follow the latest advice of the CDC and your own health care professionals as to how best to keep yourself safe.
Foraging Face Mask
While wearing your mask, avoid touching it as to not spread germs or viruses. If using a filter, dispose of it after each use (this will avoid self-contamination). We recommend that you wash your mask in a delicates bag (if available) in hot water with detergent.
**Please remove nose wire prior to laundering**